Your guide to soccer betting…

Odds mathematics



Odds mathematics

This page should cover the most common formula needed for punters. Punters don't need to memorize these formulas , but it's good to have an understanding of how these things work. The more you know, the better your chances.


Odds calculation:

    1 
------
X
where x is probability in decimals


Value determination


Odds x Probability (%) 
------------------------ > 1.0
100
where Probablility is your subjective opinion of this match.



Stake determination:

Total stakes x system odds
---------------------------
Odds


Permutations:

       A ! 
--------------
B! x (A-B)!

(example: 5! =5x4x3x2x1)

System odds:

                        

           1
----------------------------
1 1 1
------ + ------ + ------
H-odds D-odds A-odds


Kellys formula:


S = P - (1- P) 
-----------
     odds - 1

P = decimal probability for win
S = stake to bet on this match


Permutations explained:
How many triples are there in a selection of 5 matches ? How many quadruples within a selection of 10 matches ?

In order to calculate this, use the permutation formula in the table above. A! means that you have to multiply A with all the numbers less than A until your reach 1. If A= 5, this would mean: 5x4x3x2x1 =120


System odds explained:
If you are considering a match but can't decide wether to bet on a home win or a draw, then you can bet on both results by using the System odds forumla in the table above.
If we say that the home odds is 2.0 and the draw odds is 3.2, the calulation gives the result 1.23.The system odds is 1.23. If you divide the system odds with the home odds, you will find the stake to place on the home win. Do the same with the draw-odds to find the stake for the bet on the draw. 1.23/2.0 gives 0.615. This means that you should place 61.5% of your total bet on this match on the home win. The rest (38.5%) should be placed on the draw. By betting this way, you are ensured 23% payoff as long as the match either ends with a home win or a draw.


Comments or questions ? Send mail to Bettingadvice: bettingadvice@bettingadvice.com






Active leagues

18+ content

This site is an 18+ site due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information on the subject, please visit links below:

Gamblers Anonymous
Gambling Help Online
Responsible Gaming
Ludomani
Gambling Therapy
GambleAware
JugarBIEN
BeGambleAware

Must-have bookie

 Pinnacle Sports
-Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Recommended bookies

BET365
All-time favourite bookie of Bettingadvice.com due to their great betting offers in many sports, very good live betting and in-game cashouts, and general ease-of-use. Take me to Bet365!

PINNACLE SPORTS
Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Latest Forum Posts

Summer POD 17/07/2019

17-07-19 01:35 by Tabak

Summer POD 16/07/2019

16-07-19 17:19 by gamblerbg

Champions League - Qualification July 16

16-07-19 17:01 by John19

[CD]Betjoe Sportsbook up to 5000$ cash bonus

16-07-19 14:51 by rafal08

BET365 FULLY VERFIED + NETELLER FULLY VERFIED + INSTRUCTION ( FOR NEW CUSTOMERS)

16-07-19 12:59 by flosbets

BET365 + NETELLER

16-07-19 12:58 by flosbets

Looking for investor 1174 tips - 71.1 units - 7% yield

16-07-19 12:27 by portugaltipster

[CD]Wildz Casino 200 free spins + 500 EUR bonus

16-07-19 11:54 by rafal08

EUROPEEuropa League - Qualification 16 JULY

16-07-19 09:25 by John19

[CD]Boocasino 100 zero wager spins + 500 EUR bonus

16-07-19 09:09 by rafal08

Szaku return

16-07-19 08:49 by DSK121

NOTTINGHAM FOREST (2019 - 2020)

15-07-19 20:20 by THEO-007